Spice & Cooking Tour (Full Day)
- 0800hrs - Meet at hotel lobby and proceed for Tuaran Market. Enroute passing
by villages and paddy fields. Tour guide will explain about the various spices
available in Malaysia.
Tour guide will also hand over the menu, explain the recipe of the day, the
various ingredients, things to buy and some useful tips, 10 minutes prior to arrival
at the Tuaran market.
0845hrs - On arrival at Tuaran Market, follow the guide for a show and tell
of spices in the market. All guests will now be allow to go marketing for the
ingredients for the cooking of their recipe. Return to the bus and proceed to
the Tamparuli Market for more purchasing with an opportunity to walk across a
1015hrs - From Tamparuli Market, proceed to the cooking area by the banks of
the Kiulu River. On arrival, a welcome drink will be served. (Optional - Guest
doing the rafting of Kiulu river will follow the master rafter to the starting
* Those who are not rafting will have a " Free at Leisure" time
or guest can try the optional activities like - Batik Painting, Traditional Massage,
Flying Fox or Buffalo Ride. (All optional activities will have a minimal charge)
* Arrival of rafters to the village.
* All guest to meet at hut by the banks of the Kiulu River, " BBQ Banana
" and lime juice will be served.
* A short demonstration on the preparation of " Coconut Milk " will
be conducted by the tour guide.
* Briefing by the Tour Guide and Cooking by the guests begin.
1200hrs - All cooking completed and a food judging by the Tour guide and the
1240hrs - Lunch with tasting of the all the food cooked by the guests.
1340hrs - After lunch, free at leisure or try out the optional activities.
1600hrs - Depart Village for the hotel. End of tour.