Sepilok & Abai River Cruise (1D)
- Meet on arrival at Sandakan Airport at Hotel lobby.
- Proceed to the world famous Sepilok Orang Utan Rehabilitation Centre, journey
will take approximately 30 minutes.
- On arrival, register at the reception counter and proceed to the Platform
A to observe the daily feeding of the Orang Utan.
- After witnessing the feeding, proceed to the reception centre for a 30 min
video show on the centre.
- Depart Sepilok Centre for lunch in Sandakan Town.
- Meet at Hotel lobby for transfer to jetty to board speed boat across the bay,
into the mangrove swamps.
- Cruise in the mangrove swamps till the Kinabatangan River mouth passing by
the village of Maumiang.
- Proceed along the Kinabatangan River to the riverine village of ABAI. A brief
stop at the village to observe the village lifestyle.
- Cruise to search for the elusive proboscis monkeys and other wildlife.
- Return to Sandakan Town.
- On arrival, transfer to Sandakan Airport for flight to Kota Kinabalu or transfer
to Hotel in Sandakan Town. End of tour.
( Lunch provided )
Things You Should Know / Bring / Wear
Suitable walking shoes / long sleeves shirts / change of clothes / water canteen/plasters
/ insect repellent / mosquito oil / binoculars / camera / water proof bag for
camera / torchlight / raincoat and personal items.