Padas White Water Rafting (Full Day)
The Padas and Kiulu are the two most popular rivers for white water rafting.
'White water' is the foam that forms on the surface of the water as it breaks
over the river rocky bed. And to get the perfect white water, you would need a
fast flowing river. Padas is the ultimate experience both in the adrenaline rush
that accompanies rafters as they shoot the rapids as well as the unique mode of
transport to get to the starting point.
To get there, you have to travel part of your journey on the only public railway
still in service in the whole island of Borneo. Enjoy this journey that takes
you through time - the railway has been in service for almost a century - and
through the rugged countryside of southeastern Sabah. Then embark on a roller-coaster
ride through rapids with names such as Headhunter, Adrenaline Flow, Merry-Go-Round
before enjoying a sumptuous barbeque lunch at the end of the trip.
Kiulu is a gentler river with some pretty good rapids and lots a scenic atmosphere.
The river's cool clear water is simply too inviting and you won't be able to resist
jumping in for a spot of body rafting. Ideal for beginners and perfect for a half-day
- 0730 hr **- Depart from hotel to a town called Beaufort in the interior district.
The Journey will pass through the countryside offering views of paddy fields and
- 0930 hr - Arrive at Beaufort, an opportunity to walk around the town and observe
the small town activities in Sabah.
- 1000 hr - Board a train to the starting point of Pangi, the train ride will
traverse the Padas Gorge offering views of villages and the Padas River.
- 1130 hr - On arrival, a briefing on the river, the various rapids, safety
procedures will be conducted by the River Guide. After the briefing, all rafters
will put on their rafting gears - lifejackets & helmets and collect their
- 1145 hr - Start rafting down the Padas River ( Grade 111 - 1V ). Enjoy the
exhilarating ride down the rapids and get to know the various points like Head
Hunter Point, Scooby Doo Point, Cobra Point, Lambada Point till the ending point.
- 1245 hr - Arrive at the ending point.Change to dry clothing and enjoy a sumptous
BBQ lunch by the Padas River.
- 1530 hr - Depart for Beaufort and onwards to Hotel in Kota Kinabalu.
- 1900 hr - Tour Ends.
** Departure time varies from different hotels. Please
check with your tour guide or our reservation staffs.
Things you Should bring / wear
- Participant must be physically fit
- Participant must be in the age of 5 years old to 65
- Child below 12 years must be accompanied by
parent or guardian.
- Liability release form must be read, understood and
signed by participants before tour commences.
- No alcoholic beverage provided.
- The company reserves the right to change venue if
condition are beyond our control.
- Please inform when making booking if there is a
special diet required e.g. vegetarian.
- Cash for payments / service vouchers
- Slipper / Flip Flop Sandal
- Shorts / Bermuda Shorts, most preferably with
- T - Shirt / Swimming Suit / Trunk
- Sun Block Lotion.
- Insect Repellant.
- Strap for spectacles / Shade.
- An additional set of clothings.