Poring Hot Spring (2D/1N)
Minimum Participants: 2
- 0745 Meet at hotel lobby and proceed to Kinabalu National Park, Malaysia's
Natural Heritage site. Journey will take approx. 2 hours passing by villages,
paddy fields along mountainious roads that wind along the Crocker range.
- A brief stop over at Nabalu, a collection of native stalls selling fruits,
vegetables, local produce and handicrafts. An opportunity to observe the local
- 1000 Arrive at Kinabalu National Park, enjoy the cool and refreshing mountain
air, if day is clear a majestic view of Mount Kinabalu, the highest mountain in
South East Asia.
- Proceed for a guided walk along the nature trails with the park naturalist.
While walking, listen to the sounds of the jungle and observe nature's plants,
trees, orchids and butterflies. Kinabalu National Park boasts an estimated 4,500
species of plants which includes 1,500 species of orchids, 77 of which are endemic
to Kinabalu. The park also supports 289 species of birds and 290 different types
- 1200 Depart for lunch at a nearby restaurant.
- 1215 Lunch.
- 1330 After lunch, depart for another interesting natural wonder, the Poring
Hot Spring located approx. 47 km from Kinabalu Park. Poring Hot Spring, named
after the tall bamboo plant that is abundant in that area, is a natural spring
where hot sulfurous water emit from the ground.
- There are Japanese Baths where visitors can soak themselves and let the invigorating
sulfurous water stimulate the body.
- Visitors can also try the canopy walkway, where suspension bridges are suspended
at the top of the canopy for visitors to walk along the canopy of a tropical jungle
- 1530 Depart Poring Hot Spring to accommodation (Kinabalu Pine Resort or KNP
- depending on availability)
(Lunch & Dinner)
- After breakfast, enjoy the scenic beauty within the vicinity of the Mt. Kinabalu
- Later, depart for Kota Kinabalu.
- On arrival, transfer to hotel.
- End of Tour.
Things You Should Know / Bring / Wear
Suitable walking shoes / long sleeves shirts / change of clothes / water canteen/plasters
/ insect repellent / mosquito oil / binoculars / camera / water proof bag for
camera / torchlight / raincoat and personal items.